C9344 Ink Maintenance Box stores the ink used by the printing system when cleaning the print head. Your printer and its software will notify you when the waste ink container needs to be replaced. Maintenance Box must be used when notifying the printer of the need to replace the waste ink container or maintenance box.
Replacement of C9344 Maintenance Box:
Caution! Before starting work, make sure that your printer is not printing and is in standby mode.
1. Use a flathead screwdriver and remove the screw on the left side of the back of the printer.
2. Remove the protective cover by sliding it toward the back of the printer.
3. Remove the box from its seat by pulling it to the right side of the printer (the right side when looking at the printer from the front).
Caution! Do not overturn or disassemble a used waste product box, as ink may spill from it.
If ink gets on your skin, wash it thoroughly with soap and water. If ink gets into your eyes, wash them immediately with water. If you get ink in your mouth, spit it out and see a doctor immediately. Keep the waste ink box out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
4. Take the new container and place it in the slot in the printer.
The signal that the container is inserted correctly will be a characteristic clicking sound.
5. Install the protective cover of the waste ink tank compartment.
6. Tighten the cover fixing screw.
Maintenance Box C9344 is equipped with a chip, which stores data on the amount of used ink that got into it. There are compatible chips on the market that can be used to reset the waste ink error. Note that when replacing the chip with a new one, it is necessary to replace the absorbent material itself in the middle of the container.